The Advance (5 Year BA/MDiv) major is designed for high-academic capacity students sensing an early call to pastoral ministry. This major lays a foundation for an effective ministry of biblical understanding in the context of a local church ministry. It is designed to enable a student to do further graduate studies in a seamless BA/Master of Divinity program between Trinity College and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. The program can be accomplished in five years:
- Two years at Trinity College with an emphasis on general education and initial ministry courses.
- The middle year (three) has shared course load between college and divinity school.
- The remaining two years are in the normal MDiv program at TEDS.
Requirements total 47 hours. This includes 23 hours from Biblical Studies required courses/cognate areas (including Greek), 18-21 hours from Christian Ministries and 3-6 hours of additional general education or BI/CM/PH elective courses.
Trinity College Requirements (124 hours):
47 hours for General Education. It is the expectation that students will have a subscore of 25 or higher in Math, foreign language requirement is met by taking Greek and select courses will meet requirements in Religious and Ethnic Diversity category.
47 hours for college requirements for the Advance (5 Year BA/MDiv) degree.
30 hours from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School MDiv program (6 hours taken each semester the third year; 3 hours taken during summer after third year; remaining hours received from TEDS the fourth year to meet requirements for the college.)
BA Degree in Pre-Seminary Studies.
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School Requirements (87 program hours):
15 hours taken at TEDS during third year/summer following.
12-15 hours possible for the Advanced Placement MDiv Program from college studies.
57-60 hours taken fourth and fifth years at TEDS. (15 hours apply to undergraduate BA.)
• Preparation for Graduate Studies. The Advance: Pre-Seminary Studies graduate should be equipped with the necessary academic and research skills to meet requirements of continuing in the MDiv program of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
• Personal Maturity. The Advance: Pre-Seminary Studies graduate should be able to demonstrate a healthy sense of self in Christ, commitment to a lifestyle of ministry and progress toward godly character.
• Cultural Engagement. The Advance: Pre-Seminary Studies graduate should be able to study the Bible in its historical and cultural context and apply it to present-day ethical issues.
• Biblical Philosophy. The Advance: Pre-Seminary Studies graduate should be able to grasp the message of the Bible, interpret the Scriptures accurately, develop a Christian worldview, and integrate faith, living, and learning.
|BI 275||Teaching the Bible||3|
|BRS 231||Christian Doctrine||3|
|BRS 330||Christian Evidences||3|
|BRS 338||Theological and Sociological Foundations of Evangelism||3|
|BRS 363X||Survey of Religious Diversity||3|
|GR 121||Elementary Greek||4|
|GR 122||Elementary Greek||4|
|CM 180||Christian Character Development||1|
|CM 201||Survey of Christian Education||3|
|CM 222||Integrated Field Experience||2|
|CM 223||Integrated Field Experience||2|
|CM 342||Relational Skills for Ministry||3|
|CM 381||Introduction to Preaching||3|
|CM 412||Issues for Men & Women in Ministry||1|
|CM 420||Ministry Leadership||2|
|CM 480||Christian Ministries Integrative Seminar||1|
|Choose 6 hours:||6|
|Cross Cultural Contexts|
or CM 260
|Introduction to Intercultural Ministry|
|Additional Courses taken at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School||30|