The Advance (5 Year BA/MDiv) major is designed for high-academic capacity students sensing an early call to pastoral ministry. This major lays a foundation for an effective ministry of biblical understanding in the context of a local church ministry. It is designed to enable a student to do further graduate studies in a seamless BA/Master of Divinity program between Trinity College and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. The program can be accomplished in five years:
- Two years at Trinity College with an emphasis on general education and initial ministry courses.
- The middle year (three) has shared course load between college and divinity school.
- The remaining two years are in the normal MDiv program at TEDS.
Requirements total 47 hours. This includes 23 hours from Biblical Studies required courses/cognate areas (including Greek), 18-21 hours from Christian Ministries and 3-6 hours of additional general education or BI/CM/PH courses.
Trinity College Requirements (124 hours):
- 47 hours for General Education. It is the expectation that students will have a sub-score of 25 or higher in Math, foreign language requirement is met by taking Greek and select courses will meet requirements in Religious and Ethnic Diversity category.
- 47 hours for college requirements for the Advance (5 Year BA/MDiv) degree.
- 30 hours from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School MDiv program (6 hours taken each semester the third year; 3 hours taken during summer after third year; remaining hours received from TEDS the fourth year to meet requirements for the college.)
- BA Degree in Pre-Seminary Studies.
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School Requirements (87 program hours):
- 15 hours taken at TEDS during third year/summer following.
- 12-15 hours possible for the Advanced Placement MDiv Program from college studies.
- 57-60 hours taken fourth and fifth years at TEDS. (21 hours apply to undergraduate BA.)
- Preparation for Graduate Studies. The Advance: Pre-Seminary Studies graduate should be equipped with the necessary academic and research skills to meet requirements of continuing in the MDiv program of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
- Personal Maturity. The Advance: Pre-Seminary Studies graduate should be able to demonstrate a healthy sense of self in Christ, commitment to a lifestyle of ministry and progress toward godly character.
- Cultural Engagement. The Advance: Pre-Seminary Studies graduate should be able to study the Bible in its historical and cultural context and apply it to present-day ethical issues.
- Biblical Philosophy. The Advance: Pre-Seminary Studies graduate should be able to grasp the message of the Bible, interpret the Scriptures accurately, develop a Christian worldview, and integrate faith, living, and learning.
|BI 275||Teaching the Bible||3|
|BRS 231||Christian Doctrine||3|
|BRS 330||Christian Evidences||3|
|BRS 338||Theological and Sociological Foundations of Evangelism||3|
|BRS 363X||Survey of Religious Diversity||3|
|GR 121||Elementary Greek||4|
|GR 122||Elementary Greek||4|
|CM 180||Christian Character Development||1|
|CM 201||Survey of Christian Education||3|
|CM 222||Integrated Field Experience||2|
|CM 223||Integrated Field Experience||2|
|CM 342||Relational Skills for Ministry||3|
|CM 381||Introduction to Preaching||3|
|CM 412||Issues for Men & Women in Ministry||1|
|CM 420||Ministry Leadership||2|
|CM 480||Christian Ministries Integrative Seminar||1|
|Choose 6 hours:||6|
|Cross Cultural Contexts|
or CM 260
|Introduction to Intercultural Ministry|
|Additional Courses taken at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School||30|