The Social Science major is designed to provide a broad foundation in the areas of business, communication, criminal justice, history, political science, psychology, and sociology, and to help develop a Christian worldview. It also functions as a stepping-stone to graduate programs in the social sciences.
Requirements total 60 hours. Up to 15 hours required in the major may be used to meet general education requirements.
- 21 hours (9 hours at 300-level or above) in the Business Department, Communication Department, Education Division, History Department, Psychology Department, the area of Criminal Justice, the area of Human Performance and Wellness, the area of Political Science, or the area of Sociology
- 15 hours (6 hours at 300-level or above) in second choice of above departments or areas of study
- 12 hours (3 hours at 300-level or above) in third choice of above departments or areas of study
- 12 hours (3 hours at 300-level or above) in any of the five remaining departments or areas of study listed above
- A capstone course must be taken in the 21 or 15 hour department to fulfill the general education requirement of IDS 499X.