Protocols for Grade Change

Faculty members may not change a student’s grade for a given course unless an error was made in computing or recording the grade originally.

If a grade needs to be changed, the faculty member shall complete the “Grade Change Form” (available from the Registrar’s Office).

Students who wish to contest an assigned grade may petition via the academic appeals process but should be aware that a faculty member’s decision in assigning grades is rarely overturned.