Undergraduate grades are due within three (3) weeks of the course end date (entered in MyTIU.edu).
Graduate grades are due within two (2) weeks of the semester end date (entered in MyTIU.edu).
For undergraduate students: If a student has requested an extension past three weeks of the course end date, please refer to the information below:
- The Office of the Dean at TIU Florida, not the faculty member, grants course extensions (past the 3-week period for undergraduates and 2-week period for graduates).
- In the event a student has unforeseen emergencies (e.g., illness, death), they may submit a request for an extension to the Dean or Assistant Dean at TIU Florida (vacations, ministry or work responsibilities, and travel plans are not considered emergencies and such requests will generally be denied).
- The Office of the Dean will notify the student and faculty member of the disposal of the request.
- The duration of the extension will depend on the severity of the emergency.
- If a request is granted, the professor will complete the “Incomplete Grade Request Form” (available from the Registrar’s Office) which includes a corresponding grade due date.
- If the grade is not submitted to the registrar by the grade due date, the “incomplete” will be changed to an “F”.
For graduate students: If a student has requested an extension past two weeks of the semester end date, please follow the same procedures (1-6) above.