Grades for Undergraduate courses are due within three (3) weeks of the course end date. Faculty must enter grades via the faculty portal (my.tiu.edu).
Grades for Graduate courses are due within two (2) weeks of the semester end date. Faculty must enter grades via the faculty portal (my.tiu.edu).
Once grades have been submitted, students are able to view their final grades by logging into the student portal (my.tiu.edu).
Requesting an extension
For undergraduate students: If a student requests an extension to complete coursework beyond three weeks after the course end date (i.e. beyond the grading deadline stipulated above), please refer to the information below:
- The Office of the Dean at TIU Florida, not the faculty member, grants course extensions (past the 3-week period for undergraduates and 2-week period for graduates).
- In the event a student has unforeseen emergencies (e.g., severe illness, death in the family), they may submit a request for an extension to the Office of the Dean at TIU Florida (foreseeable events such as vacations, ministry or work responsibilities, and travel plans are not considered emergencies and such requests will generally be denied).
- The Office of the Dean will notify the student and faculty member of the outcome of the request.
- If the request is approved:
- The duration of the extension will depend on the severity of the emergency.
- The professor will complete the “Incomplete Grade Request Form” (available from the Registrar’s Office) which includes a corresponding grade due date.
- If the grade is not submitted to the registrar by the grade due date, the “incomplete” will be changed to an “F”.
- If the request is not approved the professor must adhere to the grading deadline and submit the corresponding grade, as earned by student, using the faculty portal (my.tiu.edu).
For graduate students: If a student requests an extension to complete coursework beyond two weeks after the semester end date, please follow the same procedures stipulated above for undergraduate students.