Certificate in Greek Exegesis
The Certificate in Greek Exegesis is designed for those who desire to gain a deeper understanding of the New Testament. Admission to the Certificate does not ensure admissions to a Trinity degree program; however, it is designed so that courses completed may apply toward a future TEDS degree.
Applicants to the Certificate in Greek Exegesis generally should possess the following:
- the general admission requirements described in the Admissions section of the catalog
- completion of the Certificate Application with accompanying requisite materials
- All 12 hours must be completed through Trinity with a cumulative GPA for course work of at least 2.0, with no course work graded below “C-“ applicable to the Certificate.
- All coursework applicable to the Certificate must be completed within a five-year period.
- When the Certificate is taken simultaneously with a TIU degree, all 12 hours must be in addition to program degree coursework.
- Students who wish to use the Certificate as an entry point into a master’s degree should apply for admission to that degree and may apply all credits earned toward the master’s degree. The Certificate in Scripture matches well with the Master of Divinity program.
- Evidence of Christian life and character and recommendation by the faculty.
- Completion of certificate requirements required by the catalog curricula in effect at the time of initial enrollment.
- Settlement of all financial obligations to Trinity and any other ACTS seminaries with Student Financial Services.
Certificate in Greek Exegesis Requirements
Courses may be completed on the Bannockburn campus, through TEDS online courses, and at approved extension sites. While the entire certificate may be completed through TEDS online courses and synchronous courses, not all courses are available in all modes or every semester. The following requirements must be completed:
|ID 5000||Biblical Theology and Interpretation||3|
|NT 5000||Intro to the New Testament 1||3|
|NT 5251||Greek Exegesis I 2||2|
|NT 5252||Greek Exegesis II 2||2|
|NT 5253||Exegesis for Preaching 2||2|
Students who have previously taken a course that covers the same topics may petition to substitute a more advanced course for this requirement.
Requires proficiency in New Testament Greek, which may be accomplished through 8 additional hours (NT 4030 and NT 4031) or through passing a proficiency exam.