Certificate in Ministry Care
The Certificate in Ministry Care is designed for those who desire to gain an understanding of ministry within the church and in parachurch settings. It may also be used by those who may not possess a baccalaureate degree but wish to demonstrate the ability to complete a master’s program in a ministerial discipline. Admission to the certificate does not ensure admissions to a Trinity degree program; however, it is designed so that courses completed may apply toward a future TEDS degree.
Applicants to the Certificate in Ministry Care generally should possess the following:
- the general admission requirements described in the Admissions section of the catalog, or if an applicant does not have an earned bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with the minimum GPA, intensive or extensive life experience with ministry in the church, parachurch, other Christian organization (generally five-plus years of full-time experience)
- demonstrated academic ability through evaluation and/or interview by Admissions office (personal interview encompassing demonstrable skills, character, knowledge, and critical thinking)
- completion of the Certificate Application with accompanying requisite materials
- All 12 hours must be completed through Trinity with a cumulative GPA for course work of at least 2.0, with no course work graded below “C-“ applicable to the certificate.
- All coursework applicable to the certificate must be completed within a five-year period.
- When the certificate is taken simultaneously with a TIU degree, all 12 hours must be in addition to program degree coursework.
- Students who wish to use the certificate as an entry point into a master’s degree should apply for admission to that degree and may apply all credits earned toward the master’s degree. The Certificate in Scripture matches well with the MA/Theological Studies and the Master of Divinity programs.
- Evidence of Christian life and character and recommendation by the faculty.
- Completion of certificate requirements required by the catalog curricula in effect at the time of initial enrollment.
- Settlement of all financial obligations to Trinity and any other ACTS seminaries with Student Financial Services.
Certificate in Ministry Care Requirements
Courses may be completed on the Bannockburn campus, through TEDS online courses, and at approved extension sites. While the entire certificate may be completed through TEDS online courses and synchronous courses, not all courses are available in all modes or every semester. The following requirements must be completed:
|CM 5000||Intro to Counseling Ministries||2|
|EM 5100||Educational Ministries and Leadership||3|
|ID 6500||Understanding the Social and Cultural Contexts of Ministry||2|
|PT 5100||Spiritual Formation for Ministry||2|
|PT 7250||Christian Worship and Pastoral Practices||3|